Thursday, May 1, 2008

Polish

Okay, so I'm finally getting around to taking the polish off of my toes and put on a new color. You would never guess how long the old stuff has been on there and I'm not saying!

Aidan is with me (of course, because he loves painting his nails and what not) and as I'm trying to chose a color he asks me why I'm shaking it? I told him that sometimes the color separates and you want to make sure it's mixed well before you start to apply it. He asked if he could shake his and I said sure.

The next thing I know, crash, crack and splatter!!! He has dropped his bottle on the floor in the basement bathroom. Can you believe it? I immediately thought, "we have to get it up before it dries." He runs for the paper towels and I start picking up pieces of glass. All I can say is THANK GOD IT WAS CLEAR!!!!! Can you just imagine if it would have been red?

The worst part of it was the smell and our burning eyes. There is probably a coating of clear polish all over everything in that bathroom but I could only really see it in the grout of the tile and there wasn't anything I could do about that.

Whew, this could have been so ugly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

better the tile that the wood floors or the furniture. can you use nailpolish remover on the grout?

Shea said...

Funny - I tried that, it didn't work. I'm not too worried, it's just that the bathroom is so new and hardly gets used, you can notice the stain on the grout. Plus the tile is so beautiful to me in there.

You are so right about the wood flooring!