Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Good news


I had some really good news to share with the boys and celebrate them for! This is how the conversation went:

Me: I have some really good news to tell you guys. Can you guess what it might be?

Tristan: We don’t have soccer practice tonight?

Me: No silly, you don’t have it tonight anyway!

Tristan: We’re getting another dog?

Me: No, but I would like that.

Aidan: You’re pregnant?

Me: Aw, honey! Nope, but that would be great news huh? This is something that has to do with you guys and something you’ve been working for!

Tristan: We made the Academy team?

Me: Yes!!!!

Yeah, both of the boys made the Academy teams in soccer and will play in a tournament at the end of the month! I’m so proud of them both. Tristan worked extremely hard for this and is ecstatic! Aidan has a so-so attitude about it and the whole thing seems to have come pretty easy for him. Josh and I are both very, very proud of them.

The pregnant comment from Aidan was so sweet and genuine. This post doesn’t do it justice, wish you could have been there to see his face. Maybe next time that will be the surprise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both the boys. I thought that was gonna be the suprise too!

Anonymous said...

Me too! :)

I am so glad the boys are into soccer. It is so good for them physically and really great for them mentally due to being a team player, experiencing competition, and having a goal (no pun intended-ha!). Tell them that they are awesome and I love them and am so proud of them too!

Love you Shea!

Shea said...

I'm going to let them read your comments! Thanks so much for being so supportive and such awesome sisters! My blog would be pretty lonely without you guys. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Well, I know one day, you will be able to let them do the guessing game on news again, and it will be b/c you are preggo:)

I love how in "awe" you are of your children, you are such a good mommy....