Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

We had a good one and believe it or not I actually was able to find him a gift! He had mentioned that he would like to have some flip flops and granted I couldn't find him the exact ones that he wanted but I got him some Nike's and he's going to try those. (He's not really a flip flop kind of guy so that why I used the word "try".)
Josh wanted to go on a hike so here are some pictures of our outing.


Aidan - Yep, he had to try to cross the stream without stepping in the water. Too bad he got in trouble with the park ranger for his attempt, ha!

Tristan - he didn't attempt it! He's not into that kind of stuff.

Josh and I. My hand is really just behind his leg - honest. I had no idea sneaky Aidan got into the shot!


Dad and boys!

After taking the previous picture - this is what Josh's back looked like. A present from Aidan!

Do you see that speck of red between the trees and the rock? Josh and the boys left the trail to climb up to the top. They made it. Funny thing is that he had been calling my name for about 5 minutes to come and take a picture. I did hear something faintly but wasn't sure if it was someone saying, "Hey!" I also had one of my many fears jump into my head - what if one of the boys fell or slid away and he wants me to call 911? I know it sounds weird, I have a lot of fears and just this feeling sometimes that something really bad might happen to one of us. (Newsworthy bad if you know what I mean.)

But not to dampen the spirit of this post! We had a great Father's Day. Josh said that we managed to make him feel special. I think he should feel special all of the time (geez, he's got me and the boys) but if he doesn't, I'm glad we were able to do that for him on Sunday.

11 comments:

nancy said...

Where is that?

It looks fun. You boys are so good looking - you are going to have to beat the girls off with a stick in a few years!!!

LOL at the hand behing his leg thing. SUUUuuurrrre it was.

Oh, and why did the park ranger have an issue with him crossing the stream without stepping in the water?

Anonymous said...

Shea I think this is the best so far. I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the things you guys do.
It sounds like all of you had a great time. What is the name of this place. It is very beautiful.
Keep up the good work with keeping us all posted on Colorado activities. love lots

Shea said...

It's Helen Hunt Falls. (In the same area as Seven Falls.) The best thing about it is that it's free! We love to do the hike at Seven Falls but they charge to get in there and it can be quite pricey for a family.

Thanks Nancy! The problem with crossing the stream was that he couldn't do it without stepping (shall I say falling?) into the water and they have signs posted that you can't wade in the water because it's our city's drinking water. Sure, you tell kids to stay out of a beautiful stream and waterfall!

Von - you posted, yeah!!! I'm so glad you figured it out! Can't wait to see your name on here more often. We are counting down the days until we see you next month. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. Miss you guys! The leg thing cracked me up! Ha Ha! I still have that pic of when we went hiking with Caeli when she was a baby. The area is so beautiful. I love Colorado. When Caeli becomes a pilot, I am going to fly to see you all of the time because we all know that every plane flies to Colorado. :)

Miss Tori said...

Shea,

I saw your reply on Nancy's post about seeing her at SFMC (Penrose) and wanted to say that I want to have a baby there!! lol

Last month I took a tour of their new facility that is opening in August. OMG, that place is gorgeous! And the views from the L&D rooms is breath taking.

Are you an RN there?

Of course, I also toured the new Memorial Hospital. It is also gorgeous, but I got the feeling it was for the Springs' elite crowd. You get served Steak & Lobster dinner the night of your delivery. Fine china, marble countertops. Impressive but way over the top.

Shea said...

Shell - I miss ya! You'll have to give me a call soon and catch me up on everything!

Miss Tori - Thanks for commenting. I'm not an RN but I'm surrounded by them, ha! I actually register the births here at PSF for the State.

You've seen the new place before me! I have been just too darn busy to get out there and I figure I'll be there eventually anyway. Glad you liked it! It has to be nicer than Community.

Keep in touch, I'll check out your blog today.

Miss Tori said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I live in Pueblo. So having my baby at SFMC is probably not an option. lol

Oh well, it is still beautiful. I like the fact that they have a gym inside the hospital for their employees.

The front of the hospital looks like a hotel/airport. You'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Looks like father's day went well. We went to Peepaw's on father's day. I did take Preston out to eat Red Lobster on Saturday though.

Shea said...

Hey Steph! Red Lobster sounds good. I never get to go there since I'm the only one in the family that enjoys seafood! Love ya!

JW Moxie said...

Suuurrre your hand was "just" up Josh's leg! I grab Frank's butt whenever I can, so I'm not buying that for a second! You have such a lovely family! Looking at these pics really brightened my day!

Shea said...

Thanks Kymberli!