Tuesday, June 10, 2008

God in my life.

Just a few things that I can give no one else credit for but God.

First, my best friend calls me up a few weeks ago to tell me that she would like to go to church with me again. She's taken a break from it all for a while and I've accepted it and supported her for it. I was shocked to get the call and was ecstatic to hear those words from her. We went this past weekend and it was really nice! See, I'm not a pushy person. I do what feels right for me and I'm there for people when they are ready, but would never be a "bible beater".

Second, I was sending out an email with times and directions for Tristan's soccer tournament this past weekend in case someone might like to join us. The only thing is - I sent it to someone that I'd cut communication with two years ago. It was a complete fluke, I had no idea that I even did it until she responded back. I could tell from her email that she was so happy to have heard from me and although she couldn't get together then she wanted to schedule another time and place. I haven't responded yet but I will. The only thing that I can say is that God is working on that area of my life and it must be His will for us to get together again.

Lastly, I don't know many details but my friend's house is on fire right now. It's on a scroll on the bottom of the tv and my next door neighbor called to tell me about it. Her husband is on his way there now. I was just at his house Friday night and can't believe this is happening to him. He was already scraping the bottom of the barrel because of work issues and financial issues, now he has to deal with this? Please pray for him, his name is Ted and he has a little girl - Carly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so horrible about your friend's house. Hopefully it won't be too bad and they won't lose too much.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I wish so badly something good comes out of that, a bigger reason for it all. Love you-Shelly

Shea said...

From what I hear, the house was a complete loss. The story on the news though had a neighbor who went into the house when he saw it on fire and there was a man in the lower level by the window. The neighbor told him to get out, the firemen arrived and got the neighbor out but never saw anyone else. I have a creepy feeling about this! Will update you guys when I know more. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Shea-

Thank you for all of your support- you know I love you.

While God does work miracles, it is still hard to see the good people suffer, that is what I have difficulty with. But, I am trying to pray and come to terms with it all.

You are such a gracious, warm person. For those that you do reach out too- they are very lucky people, indeed.

Shea said...

Oh Cat! Way to make me tear up at work. Just kidding!

My life has been truly blessed since meeting you! Like I told you last week, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be able to say that I have a true girlfriend.

I also don't understand the things that happen in this world and definitely don't have that ability to praise God for the unimaginable pain that loss causes us (like the woman you were telling me about).

I'm just me and I love ya for accepting me for who I am! You are the best! Thanks for helping me through each and every day without even knowing it.