Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Of course it would be my child...

that might have a third front tooth??? I have never heard of this before until our latest dentist appt. Aidan got his first ever panoramic xray to see how his adult teeth that haven't come in yet are looking. Seems to be that he might have (the dentist is pretty sure of it) a third front top tooth (his other two are already here).

We got a referral to an oral surgeon to have him take a look at the xray and determine if the third tooth is compressing the nerve or compromising the other front teeth. If it's not one thing it's another, I tell ya.

Plus he has two wisdom teeth already. With our recent wisdom teeth experience this is not something either one of us wanted to hear. You should have seen his face when the dentist pointed them out on the xray. Priceless.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe poor Aidan... how strange to have 3, but you never know with our genes. Remember they had to pull 4 of my teeth (2 on top and 2 on bottom) b/c I did not have enough room for all of my adult teeth to come down. Craziness. Keep us updated. Hang in there Aidan! :)

Shea said...

Pulling teeth because of the room issue isn't unusual, Tristan might have to have that happen also. Having an extra tooth is really weird - I've never heard of it before but now that I think about it babies are born with extra fingers/toes/nipples all the time. It's one of those things I guess.

Anonymous said...

That is strange. Poor Aidan. Hope it will work out okay.

Shea said...

I haven't even made the phone call for the referral yet!!! I can't believe I'm so scared about this.

sissy said...

WAY TO GO AIDAN!! WHAT A STORY YOU CAN TELL SOMEDAY. DON'T WORRY SHEA THEY ARE SO GOOD ABOUT THESE THINGS ANYMORE IT WILL PROBABLY BE SIMPLE. BUT WISDOM TEETH ALREADY. HE MUST BE VERY WISE ALREADY. WEIRD THOUGH HOW SOME PEOPLE DON'T EVEN HAVE WISDOM TEETH. KEEP ME POSTED.

LOVE YOU ALL,

SISSY

Shea said...

I know - I can clearly say that he got the wisdom teeth from Josh. I don't have any at all! (Not that it doesn't make me wise though.)