Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recap of our trip!

The boys and I flew down to Dallas, Texas Friday to be with our family for the weekend. I was a bit nervous about this because I've never gotten the rental car by myself and actually made the 2 hour drive to Tyler. Plus my copilot came down with a fever the night before (thanks Aidan) and we weren't sure how he was going to do. Things turned out really well - we were well prepared with driving instructions and Tristan was a trooper throughout the day.
We stopped at Nana's to spend the first night with her! The boys wouldn't have it any other way actually. Aidan is very attached to his Nana and loves to make her laugh, which is exactly what they did the entire night.
Saturday we headed over to my Aunt's house for an 80th Birthday Bash for my grandfather. I can't believe he's 80! He's just the same as always. We had a great time - here are some pics.
(Left to Right) Papa, Aidan, Virginia, Tristan and I'm on the floor.
Papa and his daughters. On the left is Sissy and the right is my mom.

Cake time! My cousin's wife baked the cake and it was decorated as his deer lease in Athens.

Tristan and Aidan with their soccer pal Brittney. She's my cousin's oldest daughter (16). The boys really hit it off with her. We are hoping to be able to get them together again in the future whether it's here or there. Maybe a soccer or basketball camp next summer.

This is Aidan, Alyssa (my niece), and me! Perfect picture to end the trip with. We were just hanging out at my mom's on our last day there. The boys decided that Texas is way too hot to live there but they love visiting.
We did have pictures professionally taken on Sunday also. Once I receive mine I'll post those also! Thanks everyone for opening your homes to us and spending the weekend with us. We had a blast and we are so happy that we were able to come. Love you all!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved having you guys! Miss you already! Counting down to Thanksgiving! :)

Shea said...

We are excited about Thanksgiving! We've never had family here for a holiday, so much I want to have done for you guys! Can't wait. Love ya!

sissy said...

HEY WHO ALL IS GOING THANKSGIVING?

SISSY

Shea said...

Shelly's family is coming to spend Thanksgiving with us! (The four of them.)