Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A visit to our zoo.

I love zoos! I love going to new ones, old ones, small or large! I can continue to visit the same zoo over and over again and never get bored. Aidan is a complete animal lover and likes the zoo just as much as I do. Tristan is a different story. How my child can hate the zoo I will never understand. His hatred is evident in the picture below:

We have a new area that opened in May and I hadn't seen it yet! This was the first chance that we had to see it and I wasn't going to miss it. We had to drag Tristan along, you would have thought he was being tortured but it was torture on our end to have to deal with his attitude. If I didn't know better I would think I have a teenager already.

We've seen the tiger in the water only once before. This time was even better because he walked down right in front of us and then got in to cool off. Who says cats don't like water?

The grizzly bear exhibit is awesome! They were both in the water right in front of us trying to catch a fish to eat. Too bad we missed the stairs to get to them the first time around and had to walk all the way back up to it. That sucked! I won't ever forget that again but I'm sure I walked off my lunch!

They've also opened a skyride to the top of the zoo. The boys loved the ride (Wow, is Tristan enjoying himself?) and enjoyed the rock climbing area at the top. It wasn't crowded and surprisingly peaceful.

Our view from the skyride back down. What an awesome way to spend your afternoon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was fun. Love the pics of the animals in the water.

Shea said...

That was honestly the best part! Aidan and I had a blast!

nancy said...

I still get all excited when I recognize something in your posts. Like the place I've been to about a zillion times.

When I was there - the tiger was in the water too. Crazy. I never see that cat up!

Shea said...

Hey Nancy!

I think it would be hilarious if we ran into each other! I'll say hello if that doesn't weird you out.

When we went for Boo at the Zoo (which is neat to see some of exhibits at night) the tiger was pacing the fence line. I felt sorry for him.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of the bear in the water! How awesome is that! I love you guys' zoo! Wish we had an awesome zoo. Ours is lame-o!!!