Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Flipping out!

Do you remember in school when someone would flip their eyelids? I do, although I never attempted it myself. Maybe it's because I treasure my eyes. I've worn glasses since I was 8 and contacts since I was 12. I don't mess with my eyes.

Anyway, Aidan comes home from school with his left eye bright red, it's obviously hurting him. I asked him what happened and he turns around and then turns back to me with his eyelid flipped. Ewww! I'm a little angry because I had talked with them before about not doing this. I used the, "if God wanted your eyelids flipped inside out he would have made you that way", example.

About an hour later his eye was really hurting, the eyelid was even swollen in the middle and his eye was creating some slimy stuff that I had to clean out. Luckily I had some soothing eye drops for extremely dry eyes which seemed to help. Unfortunately, Aidan has to learn things the hard way. Thankfully though, he's learned a lesson and taught it to Tristan also. The look on Tristan's face was priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwww!!! I remember when guys would do that and it would totally gross me out. Ha! Poor baby!

Shea said...

I remember guys doing it also. The weird thing is that it was a girl that taught him how to do it. I couldn't believe that.