Monday, March 31, 2008

Movie Marathon

I had a movie marathon day yesterday! I was exhausted physically and mentally and needed an escape. See, I have a stack of movies that are mine; the boys and Josh aren’t interested in watching them. Because I don’t have a lot of time to myself and I constantly do things for others they pile up on me and I don’t get to them often. That’s why some of these aren’t necessarily new releases.

I watched Matchstick Men with Nicholas Cage. It was on TV at 9 in the morning and even though I had seen it before I sat and watched it again. He has OCD in this movie and it’s quite funny, I think he can be a really good actor at times. There are some of his movies that I think are horrible, example – Wicker Man, wow, that’s a bad movie.

Then I watched Babel for the second time. I’ve tried to watch this once before and got about 40 minutes into it when I realized I should have some sort of captions in English to be able to understand it, duh! Anyway, loved it! Absolutely loved it!

Watched Little Children with Kate Winslet. It’s disturbing in some areas but also touched me in others. It was much different than I thought it would be but overall pretty good.

Watched In Her Shoes with Cameron Diaz and Shirley MacLaine. I love Shirley MacLaine! This movie was sweet and made me cry.

Finished the night with Freedom Writers. This was exactly what I thought it would be, but wasn’t bad. Reminded me of Lean on Me, which as a teenager I’ve seen too many times to count.

I had a hard time sleeping last night; probably because I spent the greater part of my day in bed. That’s what I get but I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen the majority of these, but yes, what was up with wickerman? Ha Ha! I just watched I am Legend if that tells you how behind I am..but I LOVED IT! Most people told me they were disappointed in the end, but I thought it was fabulous. Well, you prob already know that I am a sucker for Apocalyptic sort of movies. Ha Ha!

Shea said...

I liked it too! I did think that there was more that they could have gone into but didn't due to time restraints. Overall, it was good though!