Sunday, March 9, 2008

Not the kind of surprise I like!

Okay, after an extremely long Saturday filled with lots of soccer stuff, I’m going through the boy’s backpacks from school and just happen to come across a newsletter. I don’t normally read the entire thing but I do skim across the front in case something jumps out at me. This is what jumps:

Monday, March 10th – No School! Teacher prep day for report cards

I double check this info with the school calendar on the fridge and sure enough the boys don’t have school on Monday. I asked them both and get the, “sure, we know we don’t have school on Monday,” reply.

I couldn’t believe it! If I would have known this I wouldn’t have taken Friday off. Just our luck I guess. Maybe this is what we get for playing hooky! So, I sit here writing this on a Sunday afternoon at work. Josh and I will work a half day tomorrow so that we can stay with the boys the other half.

I guess the bright side to this is that I noticed this Saturday night and not on Monday morning when Josh gets up to take the boys to school. Could you imagine his mood then? Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was it karma? ha ha!

Anonymous said...

was it karma? ha ha!

Shea said...

Probably! Thank God it all worked out though!