Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The lavish side of me


Most people have a “must have” that they spend money on; it’s their gift to themselves. Whether it is clothes, shoes, facials, hair, or maybe even cars and furniture, I think mine is purses. I’m not sure why, I do know that my Aunt always had a Dooney & Bourke purse and I was envious. A lot of girls in high school had them also that I was envious of. I never got one but I did manage to always have a Liz Claiborne. And I mean always, I can’t remember carrying anything else. Is it a southern thing maybe?

Anyway, I found a wonderful store this weekend. It’s a factory outlet store for Coach! I bought my first Coach purse last year and I got it online from a department store. Spent a bunch of money on it, so much so, that I couldn’t buy the matching wallet. I really wanted the wallet but couldn’t get myself to spend that kind of money for it. This weekend opened my eyes to how ripped I got by getting that purse online and paying full price.

I walked into this store and was amazed. I couldn’t close my mouth and had a hard time deciding on which purse to chose. I got a brand new purse that should have cost $279 for $97! I also got the matching checkbook wallet that should have been $209 for $76 (yeah, I know, the wallet is almost as much as the purse).

I’m so happy, not only did I get something that I love but I got a great deal. The only regret I had was that I think I should have gotten another one! Sounds ridiculous I know. I’ve been told by a few people that the great deal I got was still a lot to pay for a purse. Maybe it is but I don’t do this in any other area of my life. Thinking about it though, how silly do I look walking around in Target clothes that are less than $10 normally and carrying that expensive purse? That makes me laugh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should always do something that makes yourself happy. I'm so picky when it comes to purses that I carry mine till they are falling apart and then finally settle on one even if I don't like it very much.

Anonymous said...

i love it! feel free to pass those on to me.. :)

Shea said...

Thanks guys! Shell - I thought about you when I saw the buckle, ha! Steph - if you like any of mine that I'm not using, I would be happy to hand them over! Josh's mom is here and wants to go there today so who knows? I may come home with another!

HeidiM said...

Hi! I found your site on my blog stats page. Here's a funny thing -- I had this crazy craving for that exact same purse in black. Some lady at work was selling it on our work message board and someone else snatched it up before I was able, for like $100 I think -- pretty good bargan -- and aftwards I searched for it on EBay for like a week before I realized there was no way I was getting it that cheap. I'm not even a purse freak, anymore at least...well OK, a recovered purse freak from my single days when I had more disposable income for that sort of thing. =) Anyway just wanted to say hi and share that funny coincidence.

Shea said...

Hi Heidi!

That is a funny coincidence and a great bargain! Thanks for the comment!