Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shopping!!!

I will admit that I was a little worried about driving at 3:45 in the morning on straight ice but with Josh's 4-wheel drive and God's grace we didn't have a problem! Lots of other people had problems but thankfully not us.

We were in line at Kohl's for the 4 am opening. Got all that we wanted and then made our way to JCPenney's. Finished there in time to make the 6 am opening at Target. The lines to get in the actual doors were long and it was a bit crazy being among the 2000 people there but we got what was on our lists and had time to sit down for a quiet breakfast by 7, just the two of us.

I had a great time with Shell. Having a partner is definitely the way to go. Someone to hold your spot in line and to help carry the heavy load when there aren't any carts or bags left. (Just don't bring the bag with you to the car, huh Shell? Just kidding!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad ya'll had a good trip! I've never done the early morning shopping. I went around 10 and really didn't find anything special. There was nothing in the ads either that I wanted from the early shopping.

Anonymous said...

You are a brave one. There was no way I was going to tackle the crowd. It was misty raining and foggy so I chose to sit it out this year. I'm so glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. It makes all the difference in the world to have family with you during the holidays-huh?

Anonymous said...

That's right! Ha Ha! I was so caught up in the craziness that I tried to take it home. :) That was a lot of fun and it helped that you were super organized! Love ya!