Friday, October 3, 2008

Start of Fall Break

The boys have officially started their Fall Break in school. Man, do I wish that I got a two week Fall Break!

We had parent/teacher conferences a few days ago with their first report cards of the year. Tristan's is always a piece of cake but Aidan's first one is usually tough. (You see, Aidan struggles with academics but loves the social aspect of school. He normally starts the year pretty slow and behind the rest of his peers but with our tutor and extra attention he catches up by the end of the school year.)

Anyway, I went with a guarded heart and a tissue in hand! It's never easy to hear that your child isn't quite up to par. I feel completely silly to admit that I've cried at a parent/teacher conference but you would be amazed at how other's opinions of your children will affect you.

Thank God - I never had to use the tissue, he had a glowing report for the most part. His hard work with our tutor all summer has definitely paid off and he is now, for the first time ever, starting off his year right along with everyone else! Now, he is struggling a bit with his writing/spelling but this wasn't a surprise to me at all. I knew it and I had decided to call up the tutor after Fall Break and get going on that issue.

Yippee - I walked out of that classroom on cloud nine! A little shocked but definitely on cloud nine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news for the boys. Preston went to Alyssa's conference and her teacher said she's very smart and her only problem is the talking. Her teacher said that she always finishes her work before the others and then she talks to everyone trying to help them with their work and no one's suppose to help them. At least I can be proud that her teacher thinks she's smart.

Anonymous said...

That rocks honey! Great News for the boys! You are an awesome Mommy for being so proactive. And yes, I think all parents are sensitive to their kids evaluations. ha ha. I would be right along with you but prob trying to rationalize everything. ha ha. love you-shell

sissy said...

GOOD JOB ADIAN... SO PROUD AS I ALWAYS STUGGLED IN SCHOOL ALSO. REALLY LIKED THE SOCIAL SIDE OF IT THOUGH. HA! LOVE YOU ALL.

SISSY