Monday, October 20, 2008

Tristan turns 10!

I honestly can't believe that I have a child who is 10. Wow! And it's not the issue of, "wow, that makes me feel so old." It's more of, "he might be leaving me in 8 years."

When I woke him up on Saturday and told him, "Happy Birthday" tears immediately came to my eyes and I had to step away to control myself. It was completely bittersweet!

He had a wonderful day. We had our normal Saturday full of soccer and then he had a sleepover with his friends. All went well, I couldn't have asked for it to be any better.
Tristan made out in the money department and then his present from Dad was a mp3 player set up with all of the songs the boys have been waiting for on a cd. Big surprise!

I still can't believe he's 10 already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Hard to believe it was 10 years ago when we visited you guys in the hospital!

Happy Birthday to Tristan!

Shea said...

Oh man Justin! I know, I think about that a lot! It's crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tristan! It was great to talk to you on the phone and we can't wait to see all of you guys in just 5 WEEKS! YAY!!! Love you all! -Shelly

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he had such a good birthday. Sorry I didn't call. It was a busy weekend with Alyssa still have fever on Saturday and we had a birthday party and a wedding rehearsal to go to. It was very long and exhausting for me. Not to mention that Keira was hooked on mommy this weekend and screamed her head off everytime i left her side.

Shea said...

No biggie! He did have a great day and our weekend was extremely busy. I could use a day to rest up but that will have to wait until who knows when!