Monday, February 18, 2008

Another weekend...

Here's the scoop on our weekend.

We went to bible study next door Friday night. I wished I hadn't now but how could I have known? Come to find out his son had the flu and had been sleeping in the bedroom. He came out right as we were getting ready to end the night in prayer. I couldn't believe that he still had all of us come over. I would have preferred to have it somewhere else or just cancel it all together. Plus, I went into the basement during the evening to find my two boys behind a locked bedroom door with two older girls playing Truth or Dare. Can you believe it? Luckily the worst thing that happened was that Tristan had been kissed by one of the girls but still!!! It was very hard to explain why they shouldn't be doing it. Aidan didn't see a problem with that game at all, completely innocent. Uggghhh.

Saturday I had to work in the morning for a bit to make up for spending Friday with the boys. Tristan had his first soccer practice with his new team for the spring season. That went well, I've been designated as the team mom. It's not too bad now, emails here and there but I'll have to take care of the end of the season party and trophies. The boys played a game that afternoon and did really well. Tristan scored 5 goals and Aidan assisted 3.

I had planned on skipping church that evening to watch the NBA All-Star activities but found out that our friends and neighbors were going to visit our church. Then I felt obligated to be there also. Lookie there, God always has a better plan for me! It went very well and looks like they will be switching to our church. They were looking for something a little smaller and more family oriented.

Sunday was a day that we all slept in. The boys made it to 10:30! I think this is the latest that they have ever slept. We are trying to stay healthy and so far so good. Aidan is over his barking cough for the most part and we are continuing the airborne routine until this all dies down around us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that about the boys downstairs with the girls! ha ha! Well... I do remember how bad we were at Vacation Bible School. Oh, horrible memories... Blah.. Anways, hang in there and keep this up. I look forward to it every day. I love you so much! -Shelly

Shea said...

Don't remind me about Vacation Bible School. I remember that too. How old were we?

Anonymous said...

too young to be thinking the way we were. gross me out. ha ha