Thursday, February 21, 2008

College and careers.

Another interesting conversation between the boys and I recently:

Tristan asked me if we were going to give him some money to pay for college. This blew my mind that he was thinking about this. I never thought about going to college until high school. My parents don't have degrees and it wasn't anything that was ever discussed at our home. I told him that we were working on it but he might get a scholarship to go to a college and then they pay him to go there, live there and eat. His only job would be to do well in school and maybe play a sport.

He then went on to ask me if he can skip college. I said sure, but what job might you get if you don’t go to college? He said that he was just going to go to the NBA. I explained that they don’t allow that anymore and he has to go to college for at least a year before he can do that. He then said he was going to sell lemonade. We did the math a bit and decided that probably wasn’t going to pay the bills. But he decided that if he worked at a gas station he would be okay. A gas station!

Aidan asked if you have to go to college to be a race car driver. I told him no and that was that. He’ll be a race car driver, piece of cake. I have no idea where he gets that from, no one in our immediate family watches NASCAR.

So, I may have a future gas station attendant and a race car driver! I can’t wait to find out how this all plays out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should totally keep up with these career choices and their ages. They will crack up later! ha.! Right now, Caeli wants to be a Witch when she grows up. Ha ha! (I think she is thinking Halloween) Ha!

Shea said...

Too funny! These are the type of things that I want to write down because in a few years I won't remember them.