Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend and movie reviews

We seemed to have an extremely busy weekend. I’m more exhausted than normal. Saturday we had 4 boys all day and then yesterday T&A went to a birthday party at a new place that opened up here. The web site is: www.itzusa.com/colorado in case you are interested. It was fun; I enjoyed the food even though I had been warned it wasn’t that good. Definitely a place we will go back to, especially on cold and snowy days.

I managed to watch some movies over the past week and I’ll pass on my opinions.

Why Did I Get Married? – Really good movie. I’ve liked all of the Tyler Perry movies so far. I haven’t gone as far as watching the plays like Josh but the movies are touching. If you think you have problems in your marriage this one will show you how much it could be worse!

We Own The Night – watched this one with a group of friends from bible study, odd choice huh? The movie has a lot of bad language and some sexuality in it but overall it was good. Guess I didn’t know enough about it to have an idea of what happens, there were some surprises.

American Gangster – long!!!!! Maybe it’s because we watched the unrated, extended version. I didn’t make it to bed until after 11 p.m. It was pretty good; I think Crow was better than Washington though.

Oh, and I’ll say this while knocking on wood. I think we’ve escaped this round of the flu. Who knows if there will be another but so far, so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to catch up with you! I have not seen any of these yet! I am dying to see American Gangster though! I hear the NYPD are suing the Producers for portraying them so dirty. (but this is just what I hear). Crazy huh?

Shea said...

They were really bad. I thought this was based on a true story and at the end it gives you the info about what happened to the people. That's all I'm saying, ha!

Anonymous said...

American Gangster reminds me yet again what a versatile actor Russell Crowe is… plus Ridley Scott deftly leads us into loving the bad guy and disliking the good guy only to flip that around by the end of the movie... very clever.