Tuesday, February 5, 2008

This morning was a bit off -

I got up at my normal time (4:30) and after I finished setting the coffee maker Aidan shows up in the kitchen. He comes over and gives me a hug and kiss.

I ask him, "What are you doing up?"

He replies, "I had to see you."

I pick him up and give him a big hug in which he just crumbles into me. I ask him, "What's wrong?"

He says nothing but I can tell he's about to cry.

We lay down on the couch and turn on the news to find out that there is a two hour delay today due to our winter storm. I figured with this knowledge he would go right to sleep but he doesn't and seems as if he's wide awake for his day. I cover him up and tell him he needs to try to go back to sleep and that I have to get ready for work. Josh is the lucky one who has the job that also gets two hour delays! Working at a hospital doesn't have that benefit, we never close.

Aidan layed on the couch for a good 30 minutes and watched the boring news to finally fall asleep with Opal laying on top of him. At 6:30 I moved him into the bed with Josh and got ready to leave. Not sure if he had a bad dream or what but the look on his face when he appeared in the kitchen was really weird.

I've had a really horrible nightmare that was about Aidan. It was this past summer and I can't seem to forget it. Most dreams escape my mind and if I remember parts of them I am lucky. This one was something that I've never experienced before. Absolutely horrible. I pray that his dream wasn't anything like mine, if that's what was really going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was intense. You will have to let me tell you about how bad I spooked myself the other night. I could'nt sleep and things kept happening around the house that really freaked me out. Like hearing a child's voice say "Mommy?" behind me and no one was there.. Remind me to tell you. I love you girl and I love your blogs. Keep em' coming! :)

Shea said...

Thanks for checking the blog Shell! I love you too!