Friday, February 22, 2008

What's your View?


Okay, I have to admit that whenever possible I steal away from my office at 10:00 a.m. and watch The View. I consider it a coffee break. I don’t want to see the whole show, just the Hot Topics. I love watching their discussions and debates. When Rosie was on, I recorded the show everyday but once she quit I stopped watching. Just recently I started tuning in again and I really like Whoopi. She’s interesting to me and seems real; I don’t think she gives a flip about what people think of her. I have a book that she wrote and I’ve read it but I can’t remember a thing about it. I’ll have to read it again; it’s still on the bookcase so it must have been pretty good.

One of today’s discussions was about school pictures and the new “retouch” options they give you. Back in the day we had retakes, not a “retouch” which is basically airbrushing the pimples, birthmarks, etc. from the pictures. Wow! No age limit either, they offer it on the boy’s school picture forms now. They showed Elisabeth’s school picture and it brought back major memories for me. She had these huge red glasses on with braces. I didn’t have braces but I did have big green glasses in 4th and 5th grade. I may have had red at a time also but I’m not sure. I would have never thought that anyone had glasses bigger than mine back then but she did!! They practically covered her whole face, too funny!

No comments: